Monday, January 30, 2012

Kindling

The tinder is lit, and it's time to add some kindling to set this fire ablaze. This year is starting off better than last year as far as training goes. Last year I didn't run a half-marathon until the end of January, and I'm already up to that distance as of last weekend. I've been getting shin splints pretty bad, but at least it doesn't hurt when I'm riding. I'm going to take it easy running with out the Camelbak for a while until my shins man up. I think the added weight was too much too soon. I'll fill in the morning work-outs with trainer rides with Coach Troy and Team Clydesdale, and keep my long runs on the trail. Listening to "The Quest" has kept me entertained, but I'll be ready for a funner book after this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment